This post will explain step by step procedure of SharePoint Framework development environment set up. So we need to download and install,
- Node JS
- Yeoman and Gulp
- Yeoman SharePoint Generator
- Code Editor [visual Studio Code]
- Download and Install Node JS LTS Version from here
Run the .exe file and proceed with Node.js setup wizard
Now, runt he Node.js command prompt from start menu, below screenshot is confirmation for successful installation of Node.js in your machine.
npm -v, node -v to verify the version of npm and node
2. Install Yeoman and Gulp:
Yeoman is a scaffolding tool which helps in creating new projects [templates]. It includes a Yeoman generator for creating new web parts.
- Bundling and minifying libraries and stylesheets
- Refreshing browser when you save a file
- Running unit tests
- Running code analysis
- copying modified files to an output directory
Run below command to install Yeoman and Gulp,
npm install -g yo gulp
Install Yeoman SharePoint Generator,
npm install -g @microsoft/generator-sharepoint@latest
3. Code Editor: we need a code editor or an IDE which help us to write code. we can pick any one editor from below,
- Visual Studio Code
We will download and install Visual Studio Code from here.
- Postman Plug-in for Chrome
- Cmder for windows
- Oh My zsh for Mac
- Git Source control tools
In the upcoming post, we will see how to create our first client side web part i.e, the traditional Hello World Web Part demo project.
I am going to use Reactjs, Angularjs and PnPJS in my upcoming SharePoint Framework solutions.